Saturday, January 10, 2009

Do I have to be sick??

OK, now I know I have been complaining just a bit too much, but really!  I am so sick of being sick!  My friend, Carol, has chastised me for traveling and being sick at the same time.  Well, I didn't plan that, I can tell you that much!  I do understand her concerns, as we are not coming home for another 6 mos. it seems at this point.

We are still coughing our way through the nights, but I think we are getting better every day.  If we get down to the beach, into some warm weather, I should think that we will get better faster.  At least I would hope so.

So next stop, El Salvador.  That is after my husband John and his sis get to watch their Chargers win or lose this Sunday.  John has found a spot that is close to the border between Guatemala and El Salvador, on a white sand beach that has a lagoon.  I think he is hoping to use the boat that we have lugged all the way from San Diego and used just a few times so far.  And I think he is hoping for some good fishing.  I could use some fish tacos and that is always a good thing to have fresh.

Although Guatemala City is not the safest place to be, it would seem that we have had an easy time of it.  We have visited some very high end malls here (something about a Donna Karan store, 2 Tommy hilfiger stores in the same mall, Guess, and a payless shoe source all next to each other seems strange to me!) and eaten at some cool eateries (ate a mexican restaurant called Frida Kahlo's) and we are ready to rough it again.

Keep healthy everyone reading this!

No comments: