Friday, February 20, 2009

Travel thoughts

Real quick, thought I would add to my list of things to do and not do in Central America...

Do not bring your dog with you over all these borders.  It is a big drag on time and money.  Then again, I do love having Kit kat with us.

I love, love, love my Dr. Braunner's peppermint liquid soap and it has helped me deal more with camping and the heat, than any other thing.  Wet the rag, put a few drops on, rub on all sweaty parts of body until clean and not sticky.  Repeat as necessary.  Honestly, I love it.

When I get bored of drinking water (hey, being a hypoglycemic is not fun.  I can't have caffeine, OK so I cheat on this with some coffee once or twice a week, and I am not supposed to have sugar.  This severely limits my ability to buy anything to drink in CA- sigh) I have taken to making individual drinks in spare gatorade bottles, with water and a tea bag and then make sun tea.  I still have Trader Joe's organic mint tea bags and Good Earth decaf tea, and between the two of them, well I am loving them.  Good for me, and tastes great, without the caffeine, or the calories of sugar.  Yay.  I am finally not grumpy all the time.

And neither is John.
peace and health,
toni

No comments: