Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dance, Dance, Dance

I woke up and had such a great day after a great sleep yesterday (the 27th of Jan). We all went over to La Lancha, so that I could watch the kids surf (T) & boogie board (L) and take some pix (to follow-whenever I get a chance to download those pix) of all of them in the water. La Lancha does not look like it has changed all that much in 14 yrs. The water was super warm, I would say it was in the mid-70's. T played in the little shore break waves, getting up almost every time for a short ride. Leo demonstrated his ability to do 360's on his boogie board. John caught more than a couple waves with his long board, but it was really (no, I mean it, REALLY) small. Afterward, the kids & John introduced me to La Ameca (and the proprietor, Fabian) and we had great tortas (Mexican version of a sandwich, really really yummy and filling). I walked to my dad's to help him with getting on Citibank's website (and didn't succeed, but got massively frustrated for him). As I was leaving, he offered to take us out to dinner.

We ended up at Osso's (which is next to the fish market in La Cruz). We had great food, great service but I have to admit that my eyes popped a little when I saw the bill (960 pesos). AS he was paying the bill (which he seemed to have no problem with), a show started. Video played, explaining in both Spanish and English the roots of the Tango. And then 2 fantastic dancers came out and did the tango. Technically, they were brilliant. Wow. I was stunned. Then the video cut in as the dancers left (to go get into another costume) and told us about the cha cha. Again, the dancers just danced a fantastic cha cha. The did the Chabata (which is a dance I had never heard of from the Domenican Republic), The Salsa and the Boogie Woogie. So, having had great food, service and a fantastic show, I guess the price was worth it.

John and Ben from "Jace" went out to crew for Profligate this morning, for the last race of the series for January, while the kids and I worked the cruisers' swap meet. We managed to sell our cockpit shower, along with about half the valentines day cards that the kids club made, and a bunch of smoothies. We are now waiting to see if we can be included in the after-race party at the Vallarta Yacht Club in Paradise village, and if we can bring the kids in their swim suits to be able to go swimming tonight.

Ah, life is sweet in La Cruz and it makes all of us want to dance... well you know the rest of that, now don't you?
;^)

No comments: