Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rain, rain, rain?

Another day, another day frozen out of Fb. I guess this could be a good thing, in that I am now blogging more often. Today was a beautiful day in Bahia Banderas (Banderas Bay OR Bay of Flags) and going to the Sunday market was an especial pleasure. We managed to buy a cinnamon roll for my father before they were all bought up, some macadamia nut oil, which I bought because my dad's skin is very dry and scaly and well... old.

The kids got some nice treats; Leo, who loves his savory treats got two meat pasties, both kids got chocolate croissants (which did look particularly yummy) and then they split a strawberry chocolate piece of cake. We all got some lime/tangerine juice, freshly made, and I had a spinach tamale "wrap" (which the masa is thinner and there is more filling). We were able to see my dad and drop off his cinnamon roll, which I think he was very happy with, and we continued on our (very full) way.

Then, it did something that it rarely does in January; it rained. Big fat drops of warm rain that were far and few between, but it went on for about 15 min. It wasn't particularly hot or humid prior to it, but it was interesting and nice, in its own way.

Oh and the internet is just hideous right now. But then again, blogging seems to be the thing to do during this cloudy afternoon.

Added a few moments later- Oh, I guess I needed to say that our mail and engine parts caught up to us here (by our Friend Craig from "Gato Go") and our engine will be torn apart and fixed sometime soon. And that might mean some sailing will be done before John goes to Amman on Feb. 8th.

2 comments:

Fearless Change After 50 said...

Ok Toni so you live vicariously through me I think not. We are kindred spirits. May God and all His Glory or is is it Goddina bless you and yours. LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING and life is all over you. Hugs T

Momma D. said...

Sounds like you all are having a blast. And getting to experience some cool stuff. I finally book marked the blogspot so we can keep up more often.....